February 18, 2013

Carrot and Peanut Butter Pupcakes Recipe

Carrot and Peanut Butter Pupcakes Recipe


Ingredients
1 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla (which I'm not really sure is necessary. I think Phoebe would have inhaled them regardless)

Mix together dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients. Place in mini muffin tin and bake at 350 for 13 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 18 mini pupcakes.

For the icing, I whipped together one 8 oz package of non-fat cream cheese, about 1/4 cup of peanut butter, and about 1/4 cup of water (add a little at a time until it's the consistency you want). It was more than enough for my pupcakes. I added one of the mini milkbones to the top of each one.

They were a huge hit. And on my quest for the perfect pupcake, I ensure all the ingredients are dog-friendly. :)



Adapted from The Icing on the Cake

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is great and a perfect name. I could not write this recipe down fast enough. Love the pics and can`t wait to serve this to my 12 year old Pomeranian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the dry ingredients? Are u missing flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for catching that! I edited the post. Yes, 1 cup of flour!

      Delete
  3. Is this something humans can eat, too? Or is it just a big batch for a dog party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're meant for dogs, but definitely okay for humans to eat too. (I just prefer chocolate cupcakes so I made human cupcakes for the party!) :)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover